In the Jolly Quizmaster one of the teams has come together for a very unusual reason; Alice, Bob, Carol, Dave and Eve all have birthdays on the same day, although they were born in different years.
Before one of the Quiz Nights the were chatting away, and we overheard the following statements:
- Dave said to Bob: "I'm nine years older than Eve."
- Eve said to Bob: "I'm seven years older than Alice."
- Alice said to Bob: "Your age is exactly 70% greater than mine."
- Bob said to Carol: "Eve is younger than you."
- Carol said to Dave: "The difference between our ages is six years."
- Carol said to Alice: "I'm ten years older than you."
- Carol said to Alice: "Bob is younger than Dave."
- Bob said to Carol: "The difference between your age and Dave's is the same as the difference between Dave's and Eve's."
Now, we know all these people, as they are regulars in the pub and at the Quiz Nights that we run, and some of the statements were untrue. In fact it dawned on us that when someone spoke to a person older than them they told the truth, but they lied whenever they spoke to someone younger.
So, how old are the members of this unusual Quiz Team?
Answer at 9.00 on Monday