There are ten clues to words below. The answer to each of the definitions from two onwards is an anagram of the previous answer with one letter added. So SPOT could be followed by POSIT; that is, SPOT + I rearranged.
1. Article central to war
2. Firstly, to all, thanks
3. Tap and tap back
4. Bandage broken pate
5. Control and Vee
6. Sleep overcomes father making meal
7. Set off after fish covers
8. One hundred leaving rehearsal, replaced by substitutes at first - rehearse?
9. Graphs sound like map of pastry desserts
10. Dishevelled sprite on bridge leading to top clergyman
Answer at 9.00 on Monday